Working with domestic U.S. and international agencies, The Vision Council members and their volunteer experts have produced or contributed to multiple standards and communications to assist the industry in serving the eyeglass wearing public. Traveling the nation and the globe, member company interests are managed at many different levels and with various technical groups.
Frame Manufacturing Standards and Regulations
Standards for Sunglasses and Readers
- ANSI Z80.3-2015 Points of Interest Guide
- New EU Sunglass Standard Implementation Date Pushed Back
- Regulation of Sunglasses & Reading Glasses - March 2016
Developing standards for lenses is a key component to The Vision Council's technical initiatives. Contributing groups include the Lens Technical Committee, the Data Communication Standard Committee, the Country of Origin for Lenses Committee, and the Lens Description Standard Committee.
- ANSI Z80.1-2015 Quick Reference Guide
- ANSI Z80.1-2015 Points of Interest Guide
- ANSI Z87.1-2015 American National Standard for Occupational and Educational Personal Eye and Face Protection Devices
- Lens Impact Resistance Guidance Revised 2013-12
- Lens Impact Testing Plan Revised 2013-12
- Mass Lens Manufacturers Comments on the 2010 FDA Q&A on Impact
- Lens Description Standard v2.1 Revised 2014-06
- Lens Marking Guideline v2.0 Revised 2014-06
- Country of Origin for Lenses Standard
- 2D Barcode Standard for Lenses
Standards for Communication
Necessary for getting the job done, multiple communication tools and other general standards have been produced to benefit industry and the eyeglass wearing public.
- Job Tray Automation Standard
- Optical Product Code Manager
- Optical Product Code (OPC) Guide
- Data Communication Standard 3.10 (Updated October 2014)
- Data Communication Standard Simulator Software
- Various Regulatory Standards (ANSI, ISO) - Contact The Vision Council via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Free Software Tools for Industry:
*Questions or comments, please contact Michael Vitale, Technical Director and Lens Division Liaison, at email@example.com.
In 2008, the Vision Council of America (VCA) became The Vision Council. Materials and resources predating May, 2008, may refer to VCA, OMA, or other organizations that have become associated with The Vision Council.